Tuesday 23 October 2012

Sunset Photography

I absolutely adore watching the sun go down (or rise). The latter is that I value my sleep more in this daily grind world! I guess this is the only exception to the rule of not being allowed to stare into the sun - or at least through your lens is ok. The vibrant colours changing within a short time frame is hypnotising and mysterious. I would sometimes head to the local beach to watch a sunset for reflection purposes. It helps clear the mind of any worries or otherwise provide a new sense of inspiration: "After all, tomorrow is another day." Hear hear!

The following pic was taken at the Sandringham Yacht Club post daylight savings using my handy Sony Cybershot (love the panaromic function!). Any pictures taken along the bayside at sunset such as Elwood or St Kilda are also perfect locations. Some photographers will be shutter crazy and take a new shot every second. I prefer to just capture a few and just being in the moment. Ignore the black spot dust mark...I only realised later when I went inside. Lesson learnt Photography 101 =.=".



Please see my short article on sunset photography if you're stuck on ideas on where to shoot: http://www.weekendnotes.com/best-locations-around-melbourne-for-sunset-photography/

Some inspiration for landscape photography: http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-landscape-photos/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...